Polynesian Cultural Center


One of our last days of the Hawaii trip, we visited the Polynesian Cultural Center, which is so neat. They set it up like several islands of Polynesia, and you go around to each one and experience the culture through food, shows, hands on activities, etc.

Here is where they welcome us with shell leis

It's a bright, bright, bright, sun shiny day!

I think our favorite "island" was SAMOA, where this guy shimmied up a coconut tree! then they demonstrated how to open one up super fast, drain the liquid inside, and squeeze out the meat to make milk. They also showed us how to make fire!

Also, the information guy in SAMOA was very funny.

1 comments:

  1. I loved the Polynesian Island! And Samoa was my favorite place! I fell in love with the guy too. I think he was actually 30 at the time and I was 14! Love conquers all! He had tattoos all over his body because he was some tribal chief. Same program. How cool.