Welcome, Sozie!


We found a doggie! I know, she looks like our old Kione, huh? It's so neat! Ever since our "allergy experience" sadness in January, we decided to go back to a tried and true Maltese. We had our old Kione for her whole life and were just fine. Thus, we began to look. We looked into breeders, puppies, and rescues. We really felt more and more drawn to rescue dogs. We got on Petfinder.com (highly recomended), where you can input what you're looking for and in what radius to your home. Then it alerts you everytime a new "match" is posted. FRIDAY, we were alerted! This was after we lost our chances on 2 others previously. Kinda depends on how fast you respond.

Marshall and I drove up to LA, where the rescue group was, and we checked her out. I thought Kione was staring me in the face! She was a sweet, loving personality from the beginning. After all the rest of the paperwork and things, we were able to bring her home to the girls! They are in doggie heaven! They are even -on their own- getting up extra early to walk her with me in the morning (I think that's harder on me.....hee hee)

Here's Sozie crashed out from a hard day of playing! We named her after the Greek word "Sozo," meaning "saved." She saved us from our doggie loneliness, and we got to save her too.

Whew! What a hard day. She's 2 years old, they estimate. She's had all her shots and was spayed last week. Doing great!

This is the cat's opinion of the new family member......

2 comments:

  1. Yay for new doggies! You guys and your Greek!! Wow, early rising for dog walking?? You are a great mom!!

    Congrats!

     
  2. Yay...she looks SO sweet! I love the cat pic. I am still floored we all three lost our beloved firsts THE SAME YEAR!